Wednesday, April 20, 2011

25 Random Things About Me...

1. I have only ever had one broken bone - I broke my wrist when I was 5 from riding down a steep hill on my bike too fast.

2. I wear flip flops/thongs as much as physically possible (winter or summer). I hate wearing socks and shoes.

3. I have lived in three different countries, 3 states, and 2 provinces.

4. I usually consider myself to have good work ethic and morals ... In 2005, I worked for a publishing company in Canada and hated it. The manager treated his staff so bad that one day after an upsetting staff meeting I went home for lunch and never went back. The next day I flew to Kansas City for a job interview and to look at Master's degree options. I got home from KC and half an hour later was offered another job in Canada to work at until I could go back to school in the states. I like to think of that as a sign from God that I did the right thing...

5. I had my first job when I was twelve working in a business my dad owned.

6. I have a tetris addiction...and cherry coke when I can find it.

7. When I was young, I was considered a tom-boy and played almost every sport in school and on club teams (basketball, volleyball, soccer, softball, figure skating, gymnastics, dancing, you name it..) Now I am about as far from an athlete as you can get.

8. If I could do anything I wanted as a profession - I would be a broadway musical theatre star

9. I once sang the National Anthem at a hockey game (not an NHL one though... I was never THAT good).

10. I miss snow...alot. I'd also rather be freezing cold than melting hot.

11. I have a scar on my chin from running straight into the brick wall of our church... I have no recollection of what the heck I was doing..but have the permanent scar to remind me not to do it again!!

12. I sang in a school choir every year from grade 1-12, including 2 jazz choirs and a show choir. The epitome of a choir nerd.

13. I love road trips and will rarely turn one down, especially spontaneous random ones and chaotic all-night journeys..

14. I once slept in a car in a parking lot on Bourbon Street in New Orleans.

15. I love cheezy movies and love to be inspired

16. Not many people know who I really am.

17. I don't like to eat foods that sounds gross (ie. goulash, squash, borscht)

18. I'm not as shy as people think I am.

19. I have a hard time accommodating people who think its ok to give attitude, or be rude or mean because they are having a bad day or are stressed. Everyone has bad days and feels grumpy sometimes.. your bad day is no more important than anyone elses, so people shouldn't feel like they have to walk on eggshells around you because you're in a bad mood. If you're upset, talk to someone or deal with it however works best for you.. but don't make the rest of the world feel bad too.

20. I sometimes think I am destined to take life on solo.

21. I always save all my important messages and emails..well almost.

22. My favourite childhood memory is spending winter Saturdays at the arena with my dad watching hockey games all day and eating steaming hot cheeseburgers while sitting on the freezing cold bleachers. Those were the best cheeseburgers ever.

23. My family and I used to drive 2h to go to church every Sunday. We lived in a small town with over 20 churches but going to OUR church was more important. I wouldn't have changed that for anything.. I now work for OUR church.

24. I have a tattoo on my back but nobody knows the reason I got it.

25. In the past five years my immediate family has expanded from 4 people (just me, my sister, mom and dad), to 11 (including a stepmom, stepdad, stepbro, stepsister, bro-in-law, and 2 nephews). I never tell them I miss them...but I do.


I wrote this as a facebook forward in 2009. I was just re-reading it and wanted to post it on here in my blog journal as well. It's kind of interesting to go back and see what I wanted to tell people about me then (and what I decided to leave out) and what I would change about the things I wrote, now in 2011.

I think I would still probably stick to most of the same things, but a few things have changed:
~ if I could do anything as a profession, it would still be a musical theatre performer, or the job I have now is pretty awesome too. it's about to not be my "job" anymore, but i know it still won't change how much i love it or stop me from doing the same things. i just might not get paid for it any more right now...
~ i miss snow, but mostly just around christmas time. i can't honestly say i hate living near the beach or having nice weather (well, when melbourne decides to have nice weather). but i do miss it alot at christmas and the whole christmas season.
~ i have created several new food rules on top of not eating foods that sound gross. basically they need to appeal to all five senses.
~ i think i would just alter #19 to be that i have a hard time with people who make you feel inferior, bad about yourself, not good enough, or like you have to walk on egg shells around them. i know i'm not perfect in all those areas ever, but they are definitely traits i try to avoid and be conscious I am not doing. i hate when other people make me feel bad and i hate doing it to others.
~ i still believe both #16, #18 and #20 to be true
~ i now have 3 nephews instead of 2... more people to miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment