So, in about 5 months I'm going to need a new job. The hard part is, I really love the job I have and can't really imagine that any other job is going to be half as awesome. I love that my current job doesn't even seem like a job. I mean there are always some things I don't absolutely love doing (like budgets, expense reports, politics and rules, having to be a representative of the church/role model when there are some times I just want to be irresponsible and not worry about who's watching, etc.) but those things are fairly minor. Really, most of my days I spend planning or doing things that I would do voluntarily in a heartbeat. And I get to hang out with some really great people who inspire me and who I love alot. And I still feel challenged by my job, after 3 years, and always finding new ways to grow in it and new projects to take on. I love that - all of it. I think that is what a career or any job should be like, if at all possible. If only having the perfect job made up for all the other parts of life that are less than perfect. That would be... perfect. So, I kind of feel that no matter what job I have it will be settling for something that I know isn't going to be as good. But I have to hope, right? That maybe there are other jobs out there for me that I will be just as passionate about...
Job searching is not something I'm really excited about. I updated my resume the other day, which was a bit of a task since I didn't even submit a formal resume to get this job, just submitted a list of experiences and skills and past positions. So it was about 5 years out of date. (Note to self: update resume more often). But it's still a bit vague as I'm not even sure what I want to do, let alone what kind of jobs would fit my personality, skills and experience.
Any suggestions of jobs or fields of work I should apply for when I move back to Canada?
Job searching is not something I'm really excited about. I updated my resume the other day, which was a bit of a task since I didn't even submit a formal resume to get this job, just submitted a list of experiences and skills and past positions. So it was about 5 years out of date. (Note to self: update resume more often). But it's still a bit vague as I'm not even sure what I want to do, let alone what kind of jobs would fit my personality, skills and experience.
Any suggestions of jobs or fields of work I should apply for when I move back to Canada?

I feel you. I am kind of job searching right now, I feel like I need less of the challenges I have now (challenges = conduct meetings, roommate conflicts, ALWAYS having to be responsible) and more new challenges. I hope your search goes well, I'll keep you in my thoughts.
ReplyDelete